Cubitt Education is seeking artists to take residence from July 2018 in a brand new set of four community studios based at Arts and Media School Islington (AMSI), a secondary school in north Islington with excellent links across the local community. License fees are £150pcm, all bills (and wifi) inclusive. Studio sizes vary between 172 square foot and 226 square foot.
Cubitt Education’s Community Studios Programme offers studio space in London in return for affordable license fees and artists’ time volunteering with the communities in which they are based. Taking on a studio at AMSI will involve artists donating 12 x 2 hours per year of their time for creative projects which benefit and involve the members of the school community. There will also be the opportunity for studio holders to apply for paid commissions to deliver more substantial projects with the school.
We are searching for artists who:
– have an inspiring and engaging practice and diverse range of practical skills which could be applied to a wide variety of workshops or projects
– are experienced in arts education are interested in working within a formal education setting, with the benefits and challenges that entails
– have or are willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS certificate issued within the last 3 years. AMSI will cover the cost of this process
– are able to take occupancy during July 2018
– Open sessions. NB These are optional: have a tour of the school, see the studios,meet the staff and students, with refreshments – 10am – 11am, Thursday 21st June 2018 & 2pm – 3pm, Thursday 28th June 2018
– Application deadline: 9am, Wednesday 4th July 2018 – the deadline has now passed
– Interviews with Cubitt & AMSI: morning, Wednesday 11th July 2018
– Moving in and induction: w/c 23rd July 2018
Download the application pack here.
If you want to know more, or to book a space on an open session, please contact Lydia Ashman, Programme Manager: Schools & Young People, on email@example.com (Working days: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays)