Cubitt Education is seeking an artist to take on one of our community studios at St. Luke’s Community Centre, 90 Central St, London EC1V 8AJ a beautiful multi-use community space between Angel and Old Street. The studio is available from 01 August.
We have 4 studio spaces at St. Luke’s shared by up to 6 artists, who pay a reduced licence fee in exchange for their creative contributions to the community centre through workshops, gallery visits or skills-based classes.
We are looking to recruit a new artist to take on one of our full studio spaces, at £181.91pm, all bills (and wifi) inclusive. The studio has 24- hour access.
This would involve 12 x 2 hour sessions per year of the artist’s voluntary time for projects which benefit and involve the members of St. Luke’s Centre – from children to older people.
We are searching for an artist or designer/maker who:
- Is interested in working within a community setting, with the benefits and challenges that entails
- Is experienced in arts education working with a diverse range of participants from early years to over 55s
- Has an interesting practice and diverse range of practical skills which could be applied to a wide variety of workshops or projects
- Has an Enhanced DBS certificate issued within the last 3 years
- Is able to take occupancy this August
If you meet the above criteria, please contact Esther Collins, Programme Manager: Elders and Community, on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Deadline Wednesday 20th July at midday.
Interviews will be held Friday 22nd July.