Benjamin Owen who has one of Cubitt’s Community Studios at 73 Mildmay Street, and delivers our Saturday Socials programme has a film event tomorrow evening in Bristol. It looks amazing…..
42 . . . Performance from 7.30 pm – 9 pm
43. And reached out.
44. To climb the glass mountain, one first requires a good reason.
45. No one has ever climbed the mountain on behalf of science, or in search of celebrity, or because the mountain was a challenge.
46. Those are not good reasons.
47. But good reasons exist.
48. At the top of the mountain there is a castle of pure gold, and in a room in the castle tower sits…
49. My acquaintances were shouting at me.
For this event a range performers will gather in clusters across the floor of Trinity’s, Fyfe Hall producing a sprawling live soundtrack to accompany the expanded film work Goldf”. This work draws deeply upon Owen’s interest in layman’s relationship to politics, participation and performance. His work aims to expand ideas of cinemas and how narrative is forged through the competition between soundtrack, voice and performance. Starting at 7.30 musicians will converse, build and resist amongst the bits .
Emergenc(i)es is an activist-led exhibition to address the question of emergence within emergency.
Goldf”was commissioned by Exeter Phoenix and is supported by Arts Council England.
Trinity Centre is a wheelchair accessible venue